Saturday, April 30, 2011

Class of 1952

I took my parents to my dad's 59th high school class reunion today. He didn't feel like going but he made himself go. He was glad he went but exhausted when he got home. His football coach was a guest and it was amazing to see the connection these men had. I learned that the school allowed my dad to drive one of the county cars to transport himself and three other boys to school and back so that they could play football. They lived a long way from the school and would not have been able to stay after for football practice without that transportation. My dad was the driver. Ironically, after high school he served in the army, stationed in Germany, where his duty was to drive the General! I guess he has always been considered trustworthy.

Thank you for continued prayers for him and my mom. My niece was arrested again this week so they have constant custody of her three and six year old in addition to the older boys already living with them. All I can say is I hate drugs.

Looking forward to worship tomorrow at Grace Orlando. As always, there will be a moment when I say a prayer of thanks for every person, event, and experience that has brought us to this point. We are thankful.

Have a blessed week.

No comments: