Sunday, May 16, 2010

This week...

What an emotional one as our boss at Winter Park Tech said good-bye. She is taking another job in Lake County. What an amazing woman of God she is. Way back when, she was the Business Technology Supervisor of all the business teachers with OCPS. That's how I met her as she was my district support. She's the one whose place I took when I went to the district office; she had gotten a promotion. She actually became the director of WPT while I was still at the district office and we have stayed good friends. I've been thinking a lot about why her move has been so hard for me personally. I know this is a good move for her so I've been wondering why I couldn't just be happy and be a big girl about it! I have come to realize that what I'm feeling is simply grief. You see, Diane has been with us through our kids growing up and going off to college, the rehab phase for Chad, and she was the first one I called when I knew I was going to have to find a job back here. We've shared grandmother experiences and lots of friend times. There are many more examples of how God has used this special woman to touch our lives at specific times. I will miss her and am thankful for the friendship that didn't end when she walked out of Winter Park Tech Friday afternoon.

My dad has chemo again tomorrow. Thank you for continued prayers for both my parents. They have been busy this past week putting up vegetables from their garden. Daddy calls going to the garden, "going to therapy." As far as I know, they still have the two little ones in their custody.

Henry's birthday was this week! He had to work all day but students and co-workers made it a good day. The "boys" played golf on Saturday...Henry's first time of playing golf since we lived in Tarpon! He did great! Maybe his best game ever! He said he was so relaxed. After golf, the kids came over and hung out all afternoon by/in the pool. We are enjoying being so close to them.

Henry's sweet Aunt Shirley passed away last week. He will be conducting her memorial service. Please pray that for calmness and wisdom. I can only imagine there will be a few nerves and emotions as he works with his cousins to make this final service special.

We also continue to pray for full-time employment for Henry. Thank you for your continued love, prayers, and support.

God bless you as you go through this week.

Pam

No comments: