Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

This past work week was full...I worked three nights and had an event one other night. Kind of gave me a perspective on what Henry does every week. :) One thing I know for sure, I'm not cut out to go from morning til night. I'm one that needs my rest.

Kaleb developed an ear infection this week so Heather and Keith got their first experience of high fevers that come on quickly. Thankfully, he is on an antibiotic now and Heather said he was moving back toward his happy boy self today. So glad!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I look forward to some time with the entire family before the boys (Henry and Chad) head off to work. (If you want somewhere special for Mother's Day, head to Sam Snead's and see Chad!) As always, my heart is hurting for so many kids and grownups whose mom is not available. Sometimes they have died and aren't around and sometimes they are on this earth but just not being a mom to their kids. For some women, they want to be a mom so badly they can hardly stand it but, for whatever reason, it hasn't happened for them. Please know that Mother's Day is one of the most painful holidays for many, many people. Be sensitive to those around you and be thankful if you are in a good place.

My parents are holding their own...very tired from having my great nieces staying with them full-time now (ages 2 and 5) but taking it one day at a time. Of course they are still raising my 15 year old nephew so it is a full house. Chemo will happen again week after next.

Make it a great day tomorrow, hug your family close, know you are loved and appreciated.

Pam

No comments: