Sunday, May 30, 2010

Catching up...

I realized today that it has been two weeks since I posted anything. I've been glued to my computer a lot at work and don't do as well getting on my own computer when I get home.
  • Henry did a great job with Aunt Shirley's funeral. I'm sure she was smiling from above. It was a good time with his cousins and other family members.
  • My dad has had an ongoing fever for two weeks. He did have chemo last week (postponed by the fever one week earlier) and continues to battle some back pain and the fever. He has had a few good days here and there and has managed to gather vegetables from the garden as he can. My mom's shingles are doing so much better. Some pain here and there but she feels blessed to have come through it as easily as she has. She continues to ask for prayers for my dad.
  • We've had some times with friends over the past couple of weeks. It's always good to catch up. Dinner with some, lunch with others, and just plain phone visiting for others. I'm so thankful for friends.
  • This past Friday night, I went to the Zellwood Corn Festival with Tricia and Melissa. We ran into the Boyette's as well as got to hug Louise Dixon and Kathy Hopper. It was good to see them all. As for Tricia and Melissa, it couldn't have been a better "girls night out" because it was all about just chatting and laughing and relaxing. The music of Josh Wilson and Mark Shultz was wonderful background music for time together. I did sit there and remember the "good ole days" of collecting the garbage on the hill. Colonel Symolen from the high school was driving the tractor that night. I could "see" Bob Caldwell perched there from days of old.

For this Memorial Day weekend, I'm so thankful to live in this country. As we get to do nothing tomorrow, or have the privilege of working, or cooking a barbeque, or whatever it is you get to do, I pray you will stop and thank God for those who have given their lives for our blessings.

Pam

No comments: