Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stuff

School is over and summer school starts tomorrow. Both of us will be working. We're thankful.

Kaleb is awesome. We had an overnighter with him this past Friday. He was sweet enough to give me, Henry, and Chad some cuddle time so we all felt pretty special. He's usually a "go guy" so when he stops and sits and snuggles for more than 10 minutes, we know it's a gift. The kids are over quite often on the weekends for swim time and we love every minute of it. We are s.l.o.w.l.y working on the yard and it is s.l.o.w.l.y coming around. Maybe within the year it will be ship-shape.

My parents continue their health battles with the latest round of tests on my dad coming back not-so-good. The lymph nodes in the chest area have shrunk a little bit and everything else has stayed the same. In addition, one kidney is being blocked by lymph nodes in the abdomen area so he is debating about having a stint put in in a couple of weeks. The doctor said it was his choice but, in reality, there really seems to be no choice. Throughout this health battle, they continue to keep the two and five year olds because of consequences of my niece's drug addiction. Remember, they were already raising a grandson, Tyler (15). Honestly, I'm not quite sure how they do it. Only with God's help.

We have lots of friends who are going through anxious times with health issues as well as family deaths. We continue to pray for each one. Our Apopka church family already knows this but for our Tarpon church family, our friend Russ who has battled brain cancer for 4 1/2 years, has now been put under Hospice care. Please pray for Russ, Darlene, and their children as they face uncertain days ahead.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

Make it a great week!

No comments: