Monday, April 12, 2010

Parents

I received a phone call from my sister early Sunday morning letting me know that both of my parents had been admitted to the hospital. Needless to say, I headed to Gainesville.

Mom had taken Daddy to the hospital because he had developed a high fever. While in the emergency room with him, she started having chest pains. They did a stress test on her, determined it was probably more muscle related from trying to help Daddy up to come to the hospital. She is still in some pain but nothing she can't handle. :)

Daddy's on chemo again and his white blood count had gone way, way done. He developed a fever from some kind of infection and they are giving him antibiotics. They did a chest xray today to see if he has pneumonia as well. No results yet. He's resting pretty good.

I'm asking for prayers for them and especially my dad. A close friend who had worked for my parents at the tractor dealership for 30ish years passed away on Friday. Her funeral is tomorrow and my dad is very, very sad that he can't be there. All of the people who worked for him throughout the years were like family. He feels a huge loss.

Thank you for your prayers. We feel them as a family.

Pam

PS - Happy birthday, Kaleb! :)

No comments: