Thursday, April 15, 2010

Parent Update

My dad came home last night around 9pm. Many breathing treatments, many shots to bring up the white blood count, several tests for pneumonia, etc., some blood to boost his circulation, etc. and he made it home. My mom has had continued pain since her release from the hospital and it had started to shift, change, etc., so her visit to the doctor today revealed shingles. I asked her if she knew that shingles can be triggered by stress. She admitted someone had told her that....

I'm at a loss as to how to help my parents. There is so much more to this than just stress from health issues. Let me just say, I hate drugs and I hate addiction and I get really frustrated with enablers. Been there, done that. Learned a lot. Thankful for those who work hard at recovery.

Thank you for continued prayers for my parents.

Pam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Pam...so I just got home from work and I was reading your post. Let me say that the stress of all this "kaos" definitely has affected me! I just can't bring myself to imagine what it would be like having a drug addict for a mother! I'm soooo glad I have a caring, sweet mother that loves us. I'm also glad I have a sweet, loving, Aunt Pam! I just keep saying to myself,"this to shall pass", but what I don't understand is WHEN will it pass..I guess only GOD knows! Love you Aunt Pam!