Saturday, April 10, 2010

So many memories...

Memories: I started my project of unpacking "memorabilia" boxes during spring break and, frankly, ran out of time. Today, I decided to tackle that job again. What started out as an overwhelming task turned into a trip down memory lane.

A lot of what I unpacked today were awards, plaques, and memories from our years in ministry. It brought back specific pictures in my mind of so many things and, honestly, it felt good. I was also reminded of the amazing man I am married to and how much he gave to God's work through the communities we lived in as well as our church families. ~~~I have now written and erased many words over and over again because I don't want to say the wrong thing in written word so I'll just say I'm very proud of our years in ministry...every single one of them. They weren't perfect because we aren't perfect, but they were good times and I'm thankful for every minute of them...every single minute. Would we change some things? You betcha! Would we change the heart behind the ministry? No way.

I've got LOTS more to unpack, figure out what to do with it, etc. I look forward to the memories.

Family: Last Saturday, Heather asked Henry if he would help her build a storage bench she could use out by her pool. They did it! I've attached some pictures. It was such a great day of family. They were proud of their finished product and that's what matters!

Friday afternoon, Henry had to go straight to Job #2 (Home Depot) from Job #1 (teaching) so I hung out with Heather and Kaleb for a little while. What a joy. Love it, love it, love it. Did I say I love it?

Kaleb will be one on Monday. Time goes fast. We hug him lots because he changes every day.

Be blessed, Pam

No comments: