Saturday, August 20, 2011

Here we go.

It's been over 3 1/2 months since the last post. Since May 3 when I posted last, Daddy now resides with Jesus, Mom is learning a whole new world, Henry and I have spent approximately one million dollars in gas (it feels that way!) going back and forth to Trenton, and we learned a granddaughter is arriving in December!

I've missed blogging. Although I'm still unsure if anyone reads this or if it has any value for anyone else, I've found it's good for me. Since I'm working hard to learn to take care of myself, I'm going to get back to blogging.

If you were one of the many who sent a card, email, or made a phone call during Daddy's illness or since his death, THANK YOU. We all miss him and it's painful watching mom adjust to life on this earth without him. Honestly, there are days when she can't see life without him. For those times, we just encourage her to look up and take it one minute, hour, day at a time. She's been so strong and is my inspiration in so many ways.

You did read it right earlier. Heather and Keith are having another baby...a girl! They blessed me by asking me to go to the ultrasound with them when they found out the gender; Henry babysat Kaleb. That was Friday, August 5. On Saturday, August 6, Heather graduated from UCF that morning with her masters (4.0 gpa!) and then we had a celebration lunch with family. Danielle, Chad's girlfriend, made UCF cupcakes but had "stuffed" them with strawberry mousse so we had a "REVEAL" where everyone bit into the cupcakes at the same time to reveal that the inside was PINK...and that they were having a girl! It was so much fun! She is due to arrive December 29.

Glad to be back and I'll post again soon.

No comments: