Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kaleb Marathon and more

You can see I have updated the blog with a new look. No more "changing times" for the Cribb's. We are settled down in our little corner of the world and intend to stay that way. Oh, I'm sure there will be changes but nothing compared to the last several years, and I am perfectly okay with that.

Heather and Keith have been vacationing in the Keys this weekend so we have had Kaleb since Thursday. We have loved every minute of it. He is a bundle of sweetness (most of the time) and love (all of the time). We have played, watched "Handy Manny", swam in the pool (Kaleb is swimming now!), and pretty much done whatever we wanted to whenever Kaleb wanted to do it! We had planned to keep him tonight but the kids are working as hard as they can to get back home today before he goes to bed. It seems they have missed him. :)

Chad is vacationing as well in North Carolina's Outer Banks with Danielle and her family. He's been working doubles for the last several weeks and was looking forward to some relaxation before school kicks back in. We're thankful Danielle's family loves him as much as he loves them.

This week we celebrated 33 years together. We can both remember that day like it was yesterday. Henry had to fix the a/c at the church (go figure) and we have laughed that I did my own hair, makeup, and nails for the occasion and didn't give it one thought! I remember how much I thought I loved Henry that day. To think about it now, it was the tip of the iceburg. With everything the last 33 years have brought, we have weathered it all and I love him more than I could have ever imagined.

Several of you have asked about my dad. His oncologist is working on getting a new drug from him, one that was just recently approved in this country. Please pray for wisdom and direction for the doctor and my parents. Daddy's PSA is shooting up again...way up. He'll have another MRI done in the next couple of weeks.

Henry is working on his second online course this summer in an effort to reinstate his Professional Certification in Education. It is one thing to go back to school after 30 years and quite another to do it online! I'm really proud of how he has just tackled it and met it head on! I know he will be glad to be done in a couple of weeks. There will be a couple of state exams after that but it will be awesome when he is done!

Henry had to work today so I took Kaleb to church. Can I just say I have no idea how I ever got me and two little ones to church like I did? What a trip! We made it but let's just say Grammy did not look her best! Thankfully, the sermon challenged us to be more like Jesus and to be less of ourselves. For some reason, as I sat in worship, I was thankful that we serve a God who accepts us where we are and loves us no matter what.

Have a good week. Pam

No comments: