Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Working, working, working...

That's what we've been doing! We continue to be thankful for our jobs and continue to pray for full-time employment for Henry. Please join us in "stepped up" prayers for this as we look for direction regarding the new school year that starts in August.

Henry is now taking an online class in the process of getting his professional educator certificate reinstated. I'm really proud of him because he is grasping the whole "online" experience very well. I'm not sure I would do as well as he is.

Kaleb is taking swimming lessons near where I work so I went to see him "in action" last week. He did great...cried through the lesson...but he did great. Grammy didn't do so well. I shed a few tears. Heather asked me when was the last time I saw a swim lesson. I had to remind her it had been over 25 years ago and I didn't cry back then when it was her and Chad! For some reason, it was more painful to watch the grandchild unhappy. I just kept reminding myself that he didn't know what was best for him and that the teacher did actually know what she was doing. :)

Our friend, Russ, continues to decline as he continues the fight with brain cancer. Please, please, please pray for Russ, Darlene, and their children. Russ is often disoriented and Darlene is exhausted. If there was another word that meant 100 times exhausted I would have used that word instead to describe where she is.

Henry's dad is now retired! His party (thrown by the church) was great and he admitted he was feeling some relief as his last Sunday approached. We only hope we can get him to come visit more often now!

My parents continue to take one day at a time. They have put up lots of vegetables from their garden and are getting ready to take a road trip to Williamsburg, Virginia...just because they want to. Daddy will have a procedure in mid-July that I hope will help with some current issues he is having. I'm really happy that they are making the choice to "get out of Dodge" for a short vacation. No one deserves it more.

We have been blessed by wonderful, wonderful, wonderful (did I say wonderful?) friends. Thank you to those of you who have emailed, phoned, or sent cards. You are a constant reminder of God's faithfulness and goodness.

No comments: