Friday, October 2, 2009

Jesus and fear can't live in the same place...

I've been reminded of something my friend said to me over a year ago. "Jesus and fear can't live in the same place. Who do you want with you?" What a powerful statement of what God wants for us. The opposite of fear.

Making big decisions, or even every day decisions sometimes, requires that we conquer the fear that comes with this world. I'm working on that on a daily basis. With the purchase of our first home on the horizon, it is so exciting...and so very scary. I've had ample opportunity to make the decision, "Jesus or fear", over and over.

Maybe you are facing some scary stuff too. If so, maybe my friend's words will help you keep it real and in the moment. "Jesus and fear can't live in the same place. Who do you want with you?"

Prayer Requests: My dad was in the hospital this week with cellulitis (spelling?). He returned home today and is doing much better. My niece for whom I asked for prayer is spiraling more and more. Please pray for wisdom and strength for my parents as they work so very hard to do what they can to help, and to let go with what they can't. Kristina has two little girls who are being swirled through this drug addiction lifestyle and we continue to pray that God will protect them through this ugly time until their mom asks for help.

Thank you for continued phone calls, emails, and prayers. We are blessed, Pam (and Henry too)

No comments: