Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Passed!!!!!

I received my results today of the English 6-12 test I took a few weeks ago and I passed! This simply means that I am now certified to teach English grades 6-12 so it opens up options for me to be able to stay employed as a teacher. :) Melissa, the friend I am living with right now, had tutored me on some of the literature as well as some of the writing strategies. She is the 2008 Teacher of the Year for Apopka High School and a finalist of five for the Orange County Teacher of the Year. I congratulated her this morning on her fine teaching skills as she had done a great job of helping me prepare for the test and had proven her Teacher of the Year credentials. :)

Yesterday was a difficult day emotionally for a variety of reasons. The sermon on Sunday reminded us of how we need to continue to honor God no matter what our circumstances are. We had no idea what this week would bring and I have kept that thought in the forefront of my mind as I continue to battle strong emotions about life situations. I encourage you to keep the faith and look up.

Please pray for the Lychako family whose 25 year old son died this past week. Jayne is a former co-worker and my heart breaks for their family.

I picked up Heather and Keith from the airport this afternoon. They returned from Michigan where they attended Keith's grandmother's funeral. Yesterday, there was two feet of snow and the weather was 5 degrees with a wind chill of negative 7. Thank God for Florida winters!

Make it a great day....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey It was nice to hear the good news about your test! Congrats PAm. Hope everything is going good . Right now Royce Jr has a low case of brocitis and Angel just has a virus that is going around. Please pray for them that they would get better. Say hi to Henry for us. We miss you and hope to see you both again!!

God Bless,
Shannon,Royce and the kids