- I'm still waiting to hear that my fingerprints cleared. Hopefully this will be the last week of waiting.
- My dad has good days and bad days that culminated with another emergency trip to the doctor yesterday. They did a cystoscopy (spelling?) and things seem much better. Please continue to pray for complete healing for him.
- Henry has been very busy at the house with his latest project being putting in some additional insulation. He was also trying to find a cable for power that runs from the house out to the back where there is another garage. In doing so, he dug a hole and then proceeded to fall into it as he was distracted by something. Thankfully, he is only slightly limping and seems to be close to full recovery.
- We (Henry, myself, and my parents) made a quick trip to Orlando so that my parents could meet Melissa (where I am staying) as well as get to see Heather and Keith. The four of us went to church with Keith, Heather and Melissa (they go to the same church) on Sunday morning and then had brunch with H&K. After that, we went back to Heather's house where she presented "Nana and Papa" with a quilt that she had made for them out of some of their clothes she salvaged from the fire. She chose pieces that had special meaning such as the dresses Nana wore for each granddaughter's wedding as well as things that they wore on a regular basis that reminded the grands of their grandparents. Needless to say, my parents were thrilled and now want to hang it somewhere in the house when they get it finished!
- The sheetrock is being delivered today at their house! Things should start to move very quickly inside now. It is looking fabulous!
The sermon this week was about God's providential timing in our lives as he related the story of Elizabeth's pregnancy with Mary's pregnancy as a part of his Advent sermon series. I couldn't help but think of all that is happening with Pam and Henry right now and know that God is certainly using our lives in a way that we never expected. I'm so thankful Henry is the son-in-law he is and that he is so willing to be used for my parents' benefit right now. I am blessed as are they.