Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

I spent part of the weekend at my parents' home doing a "Clean Sweep" of the backyard area with Henry and my sister and her husband. It was so therapeutic! In the backyard, Mom and Dad have a two-car garage and some sheds that had become the storage unit/dumping ground for lots of family members over the years. We loaded a dumpster within a few hours and also did a burn pile. The transformation was amazing. Mom and Dad are thrilled.

On Friday, I headed to Tarpon to attend the funeral of sweet Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman. This morning I attended church at FUMC TS and was wowed by the choir as they presented "All is Calm, All is Bright!" What a blessing! This evening, I stopped by the cookie exchange at Carole Wilcox's house and enjoyed catching up with a few more wonderful women! In between, I spent time with Henry who had driven to Tarpon to join me for overnight. It was a wonderful, wonderful, relaxing weekend. As I write this, I am watching football with my other favorite man, Chadric. It doesn't get much better than this.

I asked for prayer for my friend, Linda's, father several days ago. As an update, please continue to pray for both Ray and Lillian (Linda's parents) as both of them are in the hospital right now. As an only child, Linda is balancing everything it takes to try to take care of each of her parents while teaching school and taking care of home responsibilities. She needs our prayers as well.

Go out and make it an absolutely fabulous, God-filled, week! Remember, Christ is what Christmas is all about.

No comments: