Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm heading back to Trenton (the land of no computer) so wanted to touch base one more time before Thanksgiving. Please continue to pray for my dad, Wilbur Bush. Again, this morning, he is having more problems and was calling the doctor to find out what steps to take.

I'm thankful for...
  • God Almighty. Every day He shows us that we are in His care. What a peace that brings.
  • Henry. He's simply amazing and I thank God for bringing him into my life. What a blessing and gift.
  • Our children...all of them. It is humbling to see them as adults and to watch them maneuver life in such a way that makes us proud.
  • My parents. As frustrated as I get with them for taking care of everyone else before they take care of themselves, I am amazed every day at their perseverence and fortitude. I'm eternally grateful for them sharing their faith with me.
  • Our friends. How can I not be thankful for everyone who has loved us through the good times and bad. When things don't go according to the plan, you find out who has your back!
  • Our church families. I think back to 1977 when I first became the "preacher's wife" and realize how very blessed we have been by our North Carolina church families, our Anona family, Macclenny family, Apopka family and Tarpon Springs family.

Using the words of Paul, "I thank my God every time I remember you." May God bless you this Thanksgiving and every day!

No comments: