Sunday, October 12, 2008

Homecoming Sunday

This morning we went to homecoming at First Baptist (my parents' church and where I grew up) in Trenton. It was great to see "old" friends...from a girl I graduated with to another who was in our wedding to another who graduated with my sister. It was also wonderful to see men and women who had taught me in Sunday School and were such an active part of my faith journey so many years ago. As the children sang a special song, I was reminded of how important it is that my parents laid the foundation for my faith journey.

Update on my parents' home. The new roof is on! It is beginning to resemble a house that may be able to look great when it's all done. For the first time since April 17, I didn't smell smoke when we got out of the car in the driveway. There is still lots to be done but the progress is visible now.

Thanks, as always, for your prayers, emails and phone calls.

No comments: