Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So much

It seems the days come and go and I think of "you" often. Little miss priss Kendyl is now six weeks old and is plump as can be. We hold her all we can because it seems she grows by the second. Her mommy is back to running, preparing for a 1/2 marathon. Kaleb is a great big brother and doesn't seem to mind that his little sister has rocked his world. He has taken it in stride. Keith is a wonderful daddy and has learned what all parents of more than one child knows...two children more than double the work, attention needed, time spent, etc. And he nor Heather can remember life before this sweet baby girl.

Henry and I are starting a new venture in that we are going to be hosting a small group at our church. It's our first "diving in" since we left Tarpon and we are both very, very excited. We've prayed and continue to pray for direction and look forward to building relationships with new people in our new church.

It has been almost eight months since my dad died. My mom is doing amazingly well, all things considered. She is one of the strongest women I know and I pray for her as she raises Kristina's two girls, ages 4 and 7 (they both recently had birthdays). The entire drug situation has zapped our family and I continue to pray my mom will remain strong against all that drug addicts bring to our family dynamics so that she and the girls can live their best lives.

I pray you are strong in the faith as you live your best life. The pastor at Grace preached on "fresh starts" the last four weeks and his focus was on creating margin (space) in our lives for those things that are most important. I pray you are able to find margin to make sure you have enough time/energy/stamina to stay focused on what God wants you to do as you take your next step toward Him.

Make it a great rest of the week.

No comments: