Wednesday, October 28, 2009

McCall's Chapel

We had a great time this past weekend with family. Saturday night we had dinner with my parents and Henry's dad and his sister. It was great to gather around the table together again. It's been a very long time.

Sunday morning, Henry preached the homecoming service at McCall's Chapel, a little country church he served way back when we were dating, 1974-1976. It is also the church where some of my extended family attended and still attends. My dad went there as a little boy. On Sunday morning, we had about 20 friends and family members go! The church was packed! Chad sang a couple of songs during the service and it was just a beautiful day. Kaleb was excellent through the service as well as Addison, my niece's daughter. I'm posting a picture of her with Kaleb as I haven't posted a new picture of her in a while. She is growing so fast, just like they all do. One thing I learned is that McCall's Chapel is where Henry dedicated his life to full-time Christian ministry! He attended a youth event at that little church, knelt at the altar, and said yes to God. It was a very emotional Sunday for many reasons and we were refreshed by it all.

We are now back to packing up here and getting ready to move into the new house. In the meantime, we are having carpets cleaned, tile cleaned, and beginning the painting process. This weekend we will move our local stuff in and begin to live there. Next weekend, is the big move from Tarpon Springs. At least most of our stuff will be moved. I'm sure we will have to go back to complete the move one more weekend. We are working around...well, work...so our time is limited but so far, everything has worked out. Why am I not surprised?!? :)

I'll post again before too long. If you can help with the big move on the weekend of November 7-8, please let me know. It's mostly boxes...

Thanks so much!

Pam

No comments: