Sunday, September 20, 2009

This Week...

What a busy week! Things are finally moving on "our" house and we are moving closer to having a home of our own! Thanks for your prayers and keep them coming!

Henry got to babysit Kaleb on Friday evening because both Heather and Keith had plans and so did I. He is an awesome babysitter and Kaleb loves his Grandpa. I got to keep Kaleb on Saturday as Heather hosted a bridal shower for a friend and Henry had to work. Again, it just doesn't get any better than hanging out with this little guy. He is a happy little guy and it's hard to be anything but smiley when he's in the room.

Things continue to move along with my niece and nephew. Both are facing dire consequences of their choices to use drugs but we are thankful for any movement of any kind. Sometimes the night is darkest before the dawn and we continue to pray that they will be able to come out of this whole. With God, all things are possible. We see that every day in Chad, ourselves, and many other "real" examples of people like you.

We received a phone call yesterday from a lady from our Apopka church who had moved out of state several years ago! We haven't talked to her in years but she said she had been thinking of us and decided to call. I didn't ask how she got our number; I was just so humbled that she did! How sweet were her words, "I miss you." We are blessed beyond words that this sweet lady took the time to find us and then make the call to let us know how she felt. I want to follow her example and follow through to let those I love know! So many times, I think about it and don't do the follow through part. I'll do my best to remember Mrs. Ruby's example and do what God wants me to do.

Have a great Sunday! Henry is working today and Keith is out of town so guess who I'm going to church with?!?

Love and blessings for you, Pam

No comments: