Thursday, February 26, 2009

Melissa is Orange County Teacher of the Year!

The banquet was tonight when OCPS revealed their Teacher of the Year! And the winner was....Melissa Reiker!!! Can I just tell you one more time how very awesome our friends are? This particular friend has opened her home to me and Henry for the past four months. She bought a new house and has even allowed us to move with her into her new home. Besides being an awesome friend, she is obviously an awesome teacher and I am so thrilled that she is being recognized for the amazing educator that she is. This summer, she is leading a group of teachers on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic to offer reading strategies to teachers in underprivileged schools. Pretty cool, huh!

I'm very proud to call her my friend.

CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA!

No comments: